Gorilla bread is a sweet cinnamon sugar, gooey treat which can be served for breakfast or as dessert. It’s made with refrigerator biscuits rolled in cinnamon and sugar, stuffed with cream cheese, and topped with melted butter, brown sugar, and nuts. Prep time 10 min Cook time 30 min
Y’all remember I’m Southern, right? And we love our sweet stuff. This Paula Deen recipe is one that fits the bill when it comes to sweet goodness. It’s perfect for entertaining guests or sharing with the neighbors.
Gorilla bread is a yummy treat that fills the house with wonderful cinnamon aromas as it’s cooking. And it’s so easy to make. It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and then bakes for 30 minutes.
Start out by:
• Coarsely chopping a cup and a half of walnuts
• Cutting an 8 ounce cream cheese block into 20 equal cubes
• Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl and set aside
• Flatten out biscuits using your fingers
• Melt butter and brown sugar on stove top, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
Dredge the flattened biscuit in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place a cube of cream cheese in the middle and then pull the edges of the biscuit together to seal the cream cheese in.
Place 1/2 cup of walnuts in the bottom of the greased bundt pan.
Then add half of the biscuits to the pan. Sprinkle with half of the left over cinnamon/sugar mixture and top with half of the melted butter/brown sugar mixture. Add 1/2 cup of nuts on top.
You’ll repeat those same steps to make a second layer with the remaining ingredients. Layer the biscuits, cinnamon/sugar mixture, melted butter/brown sugar mixture, and top with the remaining nuts.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Just look at that sticky, sweet goodness!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, divided into 20 cubes
- 2- 10 pack cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over low heat, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Cut cream cheese into equal sized cubes (1 cube per biscuit).
- Flatten biscuits out using your fingers. Dredge in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place 1 cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit and then pull sides together to seal in cream cheese.
- Sprinkle ½ cup walnuts in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Place half of the prepared biscuits on top of the nuts and sprinkle with half of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Pour ½ of the butter/brown sugar mixture on top.
- Layer the remaining biscuits followed by cinnamon sugar mixture, then butter/brown mixture, and top with remaining nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of the bundt pan and invert pan to remove Gorilla Bread.