Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Tenders are a healthy alternative to fried chicken. It’s a quick and easy dinner recipe that has been kid tested and approved, and is perfect for those late night dinners following ball practice. Serving size: 4 ounces Calories 165, Protein 22 grams, Carbohydrates 8 grams, Fat 5 grams
As a child, fried chicken was my all time favorite dinner recipe. And being in the South, my mom really knew how to fry it up. She always served it with potato salad, deviled eggs and sweet tea. I mean you couldn’t get much more Southern than that, right?
I now enjoy healthier, clean eating type of recipes mainly because that type of food makes me feel better and so I’m always looking for healthy alternatives to the traditional foods I love. When I came across a healthy baked chicken recipe on Skinnytaste I decided to give it a try. In the original recipe, she used Italian Style breadcrumbs; however, I substituted garlic herb breadcrumbs because our family likes it more.
Healthy Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Tenders
- 16 ounces skinless, boneless chicken tenders
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 6 tbsp garlic herb breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the breadcrumbs, Panko, and parmesan cheese. In a second bowl add olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and then coat evenly with olive oil.
- Working with one or two chicken tenders at a time, place in breadcrumb mixture and coat well. Place on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray to help brown.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes and then turn over and cook another 4-5 minutes until cooked all the way through.